Welcome! Is everyone as excited about Armchair BEA as I am? If you’re new to my blog, I’m C.J. and this is my second year participating in the conference. This year I’m also a member of the International Committee, so look out for my post on short stories this Wednesday and two-part post on book adaptations that were filmed in Canada that should be out this Thursday and Friday.
1. Describe your blog in just one sentence. ebookclassics is the home of my 100 classic book project, plus I review literary fiction and sometimes talk about bookish life. I have been blogging for over two years. You can find me on Twitter @ebookclassics and Google+ (although I have to get better about G+).
2. What genre do you read the most? In my first year, all I read and blogged about were classics. This year I seem to be reading mostly literary fiction.
3. What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year? Last year, I think my favourite book was The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle because I was watching Sherlock and Elementary at the same time. This year, I think my favourite book so far has been The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin.
4. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? 3 non-book items and why? Books: (1) The Bible because it’s the original classic book; (2) War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy because I’m still working my way through it; and (3) a book of jokes because I love to laugh. Non-book items: (1) my family; (2) lip balm because my lips are always dry; and (3) a blanket because I’m always cold.
5. What book would you love to see as a movie? The Orenda by Joseph Boyden because the story is so intense and a huge part of Canadian history and identity.
6. What is one of your favourite books as a movie? I love all of the Sherlock Holmes adaptations (with Cumberbatch/Martin, Downey Jr./Law, Miller/Liu), but Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet is still probably my overall favourite adaptation.
Enjoy the conference and hope to chat books with your soon!