2014 READING STATS
Female Authors = 39
Male Authors = 34
Diverse Female Authors = 4
Canadian Authors = 16
* * * *
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
Consumed By Ink hosted by Naomi. She reads a lot of Canadian fiction and I learn about so many good books thanks to her blog.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
Boundless by Kathleen Winter because it was difficult finding words for a book I respected, but wasn’t sure if I necessarily liked or enjoyed. In the end, I found there was so many positive things to write about in my review (as opposed to just trashing the book or something).
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
The guest post by Laura from Reading-In-Bed where she reviews Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. The commenters and I talk a lot about Dick’s classic science fiction of which I am a big fan.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The Toronto International Book Fair where I met Margaret Atwood.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Bookish: Finishing War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. Brutal, but I did it.
Blogging: Meeting so many fabulous new bloggers through various reading events. Thanks to everyone who stopped by in 2014 to read and comment! 🙂
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Madame Bovary Read-along Master Post. Stay tuned for a new read-along this Spring!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Was Your Fave Book Adaptation Filmed in Canada? For Armchair BEA.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I actually used Goodreads extensively this year and it has proved very helpful in tracking my reading. My friend, Julie, recommended audio books and now I always feel lost if I don’t have an audio book on my phone.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I only read about 20 books in 2013, so I definitely completed my overall goal of just reading more.
* * * *
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
The Map Thief by Michael Blanding. The author wrote really nice comments on my blog and the book itself sounds fascinating.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
The Night Stages by Jane Urquhart
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
I have Espionage and Etiquette ready to go, so I’m pretty sure if I like The Finishing School series the last book coming out this year will be a big deal for me too.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Reading: I want to diversify my reading this year by adding more YA and mysteries. I also want to read more books by women from different ethnic backgrounds.
Blogging: I can’t decide if I want to continue some of the features I used to post like Celebrities in Classics, but I definitely want to start reviewing movie adaptations again.
Happy New Year! What are your reading, blogging and bookish goals for 2015?