The Back to the Classics 2016 Challenge is back and hosted again by Karen at Books and Chocolate. This is the perfect challenge to get me back on track reading classic books. Visit the sign-up post for challenge guidelines and to join the fun.
I’m going all out and aiming to read 12 classics in 2016!
1. A 19th Century Classic – Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
2. A 20th Century Classic – Roughing It in the Bush by Susan Moodie (reading this with a few friends)
3. A classic by a woman author – To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf (for #Woolfalong)
4. A classic in translation – The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
5. A classic by a non-white author – Sula by Toni Morrison
6. An adventure classic – Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
7. A fantasy, science fiction, or dystopian classic – The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
8. A classic detective novel – The Mysterious Affair At Styles: The First Hercule Poirot Mystery by Agatha Christie
9. A classic which includes the name of a place in the title – A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twain
10. A classic which has been banned or censored – The Giver by Lois Lowry
11. Re-read a classic you read in school – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
12. A volume of classic short stories – The Works Of Edgar Allan Poe – Edgar Allan Poe
I can’t wait to get started! Have you read any of these books? What classics are on your reading list for 2016?